Dear AMCHAM Members and Friends,
AMCHAM Luxembourg in partnership with The Institute for Global Financial Integrity (TIGFI) are pleased to welcome Professor David Howarth as a guest speaker on the topic “The Politics of Too Big To Fail”.
David Howarth is Professor of political economy and Head of the Institute of Political Science at the University of Luxembourg. He previously ran the the University of Edinburgh’s Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence and remains an Honorary Fellow in the Department of Politics and International Relations at the University of Edinburgh. Professor Howarth is (since 2015) one of three editors of the Routledge / UACES book series on Contemporary European Studies, one of the leading series focused on European Union affairs. Professor Howarth is a founding member of the University of Luxembourg’s Robert Schuman Institute, since 2016 a leading interdisciplinary centre for study of European Union affairs and recognized and funded by the EU Commission as a Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence.
He obtained a BA from the University of Alberta and an MPhil. in Politics and a DPhil. (PhD) on French Monetary Policy and Monetary Inegration in Europe at the University of Oxford where he was a Rhodes Scholar.
His research areas are:
– The political economy of European integration (and specifically Economic and Monetary Union and Banking Union
– European Union / euro area economic governance
– The comparative political economy of financial (and specifically banking) systems
– International, European Union and national financial regulation
– The politics and political economy of international capital liberalization
Drinks are served starting at 12:00 h. The guest speaker will commence at 12:30 h.
If a member invites and hosts non-members, the member has the option to purchase all of the tickets at the member fee price.
June 20, 2018 - June 29, 2018
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm