Dear members and friends,
We would like to share with you an invitation from our media partner The Chronicle, which are involved in the British & Irish Film Festival Luxembourg (BIFFL).
This will be a first-time screening of the movie Mending the Line.
US Ambassador Thomas Barrett will be present and the US Embassy is supporting the event.
- title: Mending the Line
- year: 2023
- duration: 122 mins
- genre: drama
- director: Joshua Caldwell
- main cast: Brian Cox, Sinqua Walls, Perry Mattfeld, Patricia Heaton
- Synopsis: A wounded Marine is sent to a Veterans Affairs facility in Montana where he meets another Vet, from the Vietnam War, who teaches him how to fly fish as a way of dealing with his emotional and physical trauma. It is a heart-warming story of redemption, healing and hope from the viewpoint of two Combat Vets, one from Vietnam and one from Afghanistan, and one civilian who lost a loved one. Great cinematography and solid storytelling; comparable to the 1992 film directed by Robert Redford, A River Runs Through It, starring Brad Pitt (also set in Montana with a fly fishing backdrop)
- See Trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSkv_sEyPSc
- Tickets are available here : Luxembourg-ticket.lu
- There will be a small reception organized after the screening.
7:30 pm - 9:30 pm