Get answers to the questions you have always wanted to ask about planning, budget setting, and budgetary control, in plain language that is easy to understand.
It covers in detail how the tools and techniques of successful budgeting and budgetary control are applied within the overall planning framework to ensure that organisational goals are met.
You will learn about:
- Strategic planning, budget setting, performance measurement
- Full costing, marginal costing, and activity-based costing (ABC)
- Operating budgets, cash budgets, capital budgets, and master budgets
- Fixed budgets, flexed budgets, and variance analysis
- Continuous performance improvement
- Learn to think strategically and prepare successful financial plans and budgets and determine the financing requirements of the organisation
- Comparing fixed and variable costs, direct and indirect costs, and the use of contribution accounting.
- Use the appropriate techniques of forecasting sales and costs, and sales pricing, and preparation of departmental budgets, the master budget, and cash budgets.
This course provides training for budgeting managers and anyone who contributes or needs to evaluate budgets and forecasts.
What you will learn
By the end of this one-day training course you will have understood the role and principles of budgeting. Have confidence in using budgeting tools and techniques and have learned how to create budgets, understand budgeting terminology and learn how to analyse budgets.
This course will be taught using a combination of formal instructions, combined with practical and interactive exercises and case studies used to reinforce the concepts taught in each section of the course. Case studies include critique of conventional budgeting techniques, real-world examples of problems and best practice guidelines.
Practice-based learning and critical engagement is a key theme through all our courses allowing delegates to acquire the needed skills and techniques to be applied as soon as they are learned and developed.
If a member invites and hosts non-members, the member has the option to purchase all of the tickets at the member fee price.
Strategic Planning,Budgeting & Cost Control
December 17, 2020
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Venue: Online Training