20 March 2019
Allen & Overy expands U.S. – Luxembourg Desk
- Allen & Overy announces the appointment of Ed Winters as Senior Desk Manager to strengthen the U.S. – Luxembourg desk in its New York office. He will be joining Ben Dumbacher who has been in charge of the U.S. desk since 2017. The desk, with its emphasis on asset management, finance, real estate and tax, coordinates the development of European activities for U.S. clients and facilitates access to the U.S. market for European clients.
- Ed has extensive experience of fund structuring and the cross-border distribution of investment funds in Asia, Europe and North America. He has over fourteen years’ experience with UCITS, alternative investments funds and in recent years, U.S. mutual funds. Additionally, he has advised on the formation and marketing of private funds to global investors.
- Ed joins from the international law firm, Morgan Lewis and Bockius LLP, where he advised institutional investment managers, hedge funds, and private equity funds. He is called to the Bar of England and Wales and is a member of the International Bar Association.
- Frank Mausen, Managing Partner of Allen & Overy in Luxembourg, commented: “Luxembourg has a unique strategic position as a recognised financial hub and is a perfect gateway to European markets and beyond. The Allen & Overy U.S. – Luxembourg desk bridges the top two fund centres in the world and Ed’s appointment will scale our service offering for the U.S. market.”
- Patrick Mischo, Senior Partner of Allen & Overy in Luxembourg added: “This expansion to the U.S.-Luxembourg dedicated team within our New York office will also benefit our clients with business connections in both Luxembourg and the U.S.. We are excited to have someone of Ed’s calibre join the team.”
- For further information, please contact Monita Hooda, email@example.com, +352 44 44 55 130