Trout in Riesling Sauce (F’rell Am Rèisleck)
F’rell am rèisleck is a delicious traditional trout dish
from Luxembourg, baked with a creamy Riesling sauce.
|Prep Time15 mins||Cook Time30 mins||Total Time45 mins|
Servings: 4 people
Author: Mike Benayoun
- 2 large trout (or 4 small trout)
- 8 oz.(250ml) Riesling (dry white wine)
- 1 cup (250ml) crème fraiche (Sour Cream)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ bunch parsley
- 3 shallots, minced
- 1 pinch chervil (optional)
- 8 sprigs tarragon (about 1 tablespoon of chopped leaves)
- 2 chives, chopped
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- Rinse trout and pat dry with paper towels. Add salt, pepper and drench the trout in flour.
- Melt butter in a pan and fry the trout for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until golden. Place the trout in a previously buttered casserole dish.
- In the same pan, sauté the shallots (add a little butter if necessary). After 3 to 4 minutes, pour the Riesling, tarragon, parsley, chervil, chives and paprika then bring to a boil. Lower the heat and add the crème fraiche. Stir for 2 minutes and pour this mixture over the fish.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F/180°C for 15 to 20 minutes. Serve with steamed potatoes sprinkled with sea salt.