This shrimp alfredo pasta is made with fettuccine in a creamy parmesan sauce, topped with sauteed garlic shrimp.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes
- 10 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 5 tablespoons butter divided use
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined, tails removed if desired
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Cook the pasta in salted water according to package directions.
- Melt 4 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add the cream and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until just thickened – do not boil.
- Whisk in the parmesan cheese, stirring continuously, until cheese has melted.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the shrimp for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are pink and opaque.
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the alfredo sauce. Arrange the shrimp on top and sprinkle with parsley, then serve.