What are SPACs and why is Luxembourg gaining attention as a jurisdiction of choice? Join this informative webinar with panelists from Ernst & Young to learn more.
SPACs are “Special Purpose Acquisition Companies” and they raise money from the public in an IPO as a blank check company, with a mandate to identify a target in a designated industry within a specific period of time (typically 24 months from the date of the IPO). The presentation will discuss the specifics of the SPAC mechanics before addressing the reasons why Luxembourg is becoming a jurisdiction of choice for the company whose shares are being listed in connection with European transactions.
Our panel of professionals will discuss the following topics:
- SPACs: How they work, overall market summary and the key drivers behind current SPAC activity
- Tax considerations for using Luxembourg in this context
- Legal aspects; the flexibility of the Luxembourg legal regime to enable key features
- Chris Lallo, Partner, Ernst & Young LLP
- Carsten Berrar, Managing Partner Frankfurt, Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Alexandre Pouchard, Partner, Ernst & Young LLP